Page Numbering issue

Ikon

This topic is 7080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I whipped up a Q&D (Quick&Dirty) FMP7 app to print out software reports for our corporate PC inventory. What we want is to print a report of software installed on each computer. I have an Excel file with the info that was exported from our inventory system. We want the report to have the computername & userid at the top of each page and the software records below. Each time the computername changes, it should start on a new page and restart the page numbering at 1.

I have it all working except the page numbering. For some reason, the 1st page for any one computer says page 1, the 2nd page still says page 1 instead of page 2, and the 3rd page says page 2.

The layout has a header section with the computername, userid, and page number. It's followed by a Sub-summary (leading) section that's sorted on the computername field. The 'page break before each occurrence' and 'restart page numbers after each occurrence' options are checked.

I'm probably just going about it all wrong. Can someone tell me how it should be done?

thanks.

• Newbies

Thanks transpower but I already tried that. What happened is that the page numbers simply started at 1 and continued on til the end of the report. This isn't what I want. What I want is to be able to print a report for a whole lot of computers. Each time the computername changes I want:

1. to start the new computername on a new page;

2. the page numbering on the new page to be reset to 1

I'm sure I could create a script to do this, but I really think this is something FM should be able to do without a script. I just figured I'm missing it.

• Newbies

I did try that but I don't recall exactly what happened except it didn't work. I'll try it again to check. Seems to me, at the moment, that it's a code issue with the page numbering routine inside FM.

• Newbies

OK, tried the Allow Part to Break Across Page Boundaries, along with the page break before each occurrence' and 'restart page numbers after each occurrence' options. It didn't appear to do anything at all. So, still puzzled...

This topic is 7080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.