Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Follow Up Question, Using VPN / Losing Connections

noaspenwin

This topic is 7029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am following up on a previous question about connecting remotely. I connect with my client using VPN and it works great, I never lose that connection. However, I am continually losing my connection with filemaker. I was reading other threads and they mostly deal with MAC OS, we are using windows Xp environment, don't know if that makes a difference. But it's hard to get engaged in doing work on the live system with continual disconnections. Is there something I should be checking on my system, or is there something that should be done on the server side. What causes or could be causing these breaks in connection. Would just like to be able to eliminate a lil if anything. It happens like every ten minutes. I am afraid of data corruption and file corruption occuring. THanks for any assistance.

• 2 months later...

You might check and see if "disconnect user when idle" (or something like that) is set in the access prefs for the file. I have seen that this makes the connections a little more reliable on PC's even when not on a VPN, at least with FMS 5.5.

This topic is 7029 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.