Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Arabic or Urdu language Support

This topic is 7080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Tusif,

I see that no one has provided you with an answer as yet. Zzzz.gif Maybe this will help push if along. Help.1.gif

It might be you have asked a rarity. In other words, a question that no one at the Forum has an answer for. Eeeeeek.gif

It may have been just overlooked, because of the activity of the Forums. Maybe some additional information on what you are wanting to do will bring an answer. Ask.gif

Hopefully, these questions spur some interest in your question, and you'll get some answers.

1). Are you using the English version now? Is there an Arabic or Urdu Language version of FileMaker? In other words, what do you have now, and what do you want as the end result?

2). Are you only converting the data (i.e. translating English to Arabic)?

My initial thoughts were that this might be a question for Technical support at FileMaker Inc.

HTH

Lee

bigglasses.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for little late answer. I was out of town.

I actually want to convert data entry into Urdu language.

I have designed some software which are very much demandable in Urdu

Language.

Menu no problem if in english.

Kindly help.. its URGENT..

REGARDS,

TUSIF

You didn't answer my questions. Is that because you don't know the answers?

BTW, bad planning on your part doesn't create an emergency on my part. I responded to your question a month ago, and you are now just getting around to replying.

Lee

a) Doing entry in Arabic or Urdu is easy as long as you have the font and the keyboard format. all u need to do is set the text format of the field to your font.

:o the problem will come when you need to sort / search in Arabic / Urdu. For this u wud need a urdu/arabic capable filemaker that can understand the script alphabet heirarchy.

Lee's query is about point :

rgds, partha

. . . . . .

I tried as you said. I have now urdu font and I set in the font place. but when I am typing its not joining. Urdu language is not like english.. every word seprate seprate.. some words will be joined and will make then a word.

Which font type I must use....I think i am using wrong file name..

Regards,

Are u using a Mac or a PC?

Also, when u are using Urdu, are u using a script system or a font?

Non-latin languages, especially ones as complex as Urdu, require a script system that can understand sub-scripts, sub-sub-scripts and conjunct characters.

Are u able to type in Urdu in a non-proprietary software on your computer, or does the urdu typing work ONLY in a proprietary software like Imprint?

This topic is 7080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.