Server Maintenance This Week. ×

File size limit in filemaker pro 6?

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi I am currently working at a museum where they have a database with a layout and in the layout in a thumbnail of a picture. The picture is referenced to the file. But as I have been working on the database adding new information the file will not break the 14 meg barrier. Each layout is supposed to have info about the artifact along with a picture. Whats happening is I will import the file into the database and when close and reopen the file some of the pictures say that filemaker "could not draw picture file." As I add more and more information, more and more files do not come back for viewing. Any one know how to fix this or do I need to seperate this large file into smaller ones?? Thanks.

• Newbies

All of the photos are jpegs. I did some testing to see if it was file size and I dont think it is anymore. I made a smaller version and it still says it cannot draw the image. Funny thing is it changes every once in a while as to which ones are able and not able to be drawn. Im not sure what you mean by the network dropping out. Could you explain? Thanks

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.