Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Where to begin

toddpod

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Newbie to Fm forum, been using FM for personal/business for a while. Can someone direct me to a thread or post discussing the use of fax in fm. I'm a surgeon with a surgical case database. I utilize a related db for referring physicians (name, address, ph # and fx #). I would like to fax a letter to a referring md notifying him/her of the fact that the patient they referred just had surgery (date of surgery, nature of surgery, etc.) All the above data has already been collected in seperate fields and is brought together in the new layout (letter). I just need to know how to create the button to open a fax software (what is reccomended?) and fax the form. also how to link fax software and fax # from related db. Thanks for the hlep.

Great to have another doc on the board. I would use PageSender to fit the bill. First create a layou that looks like the letter you wish to fax and get all the information on the page. Then create a script that will send the information to PageSender. You send the fax number directly to PageSender to make it completely automated. This is how I send my patient notes to referring physicians and works quite well. I have some example scripts to help you along, just ask if you need them. Please email directly to [email protected]

This topic is 7085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.