Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automatic Pop-up List?

This topic is 8534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

is there a way to have a 'pop-up list' field pop-up or activate automatically upon entering a new record? i have a script that creates a new record from a related database; so when i press the button in database 1 it goes to database 2. that's where i'd like a pop-up field to display it's contents. does this make sense? is it possible? i've tried the "Go to Field" script (and it's "Perform" option - no luck). any ideas?

Is your Go to Field [ Perform ] step in a script in database 2?

Normally I would

Go to Related Record

Perform Script [ External (in the related database)

The external script in the related database would then have

Go to Layout

Go to Field [ Perform ]

Chuck

Does the script in database 2 work when it's called from within database 2 rather than from database 1 as a Perform Script [ External ]? Are you sure that there's a value list tied to the field?

Chuck

yes, it does work within DB2. and the Select/Perform option need not be activated. But it doesn't work from DB1 w/the Perform Subscript. In DB2 I removed the Go To Field command and replaced it with a Perform Script command and then created a seperate script (still in DB2) that that said Go To Field. But that didn't work. My value list is from yet another Database (since it has the potential of changing often, I want to give the end users easy access to that info). I thought that might be the problem (based on Chuck's question "are you sure it's tied to a value list?" So a created a Test value list within DB2. Alas, no luck. I'm stumped.

Dan

Are there any lines in the calling script in database 1 that are after the Perform Script [ External ]? If so, try rearranging the script steps so that the Perform Script [ External ] is the last step.

Chuck

This topic is 8534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.