Server Maintenance This Week. ×

sub summaries...

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to do income summaries using a sub summary part with country as a break field, I have done everything in the manual as far as I know and yet there are no answers in the designated fields. I am wondering what may be wrong. Possibly I need to use a certain type of layout for this, or the fact that the break field is in a related file causes problems (even though nothing says I CAN'T do this)? Thanks...

quote:

Originally posted by richshone:

I am trying to do income summaries using a sub summary part with country as a break field, I have done everything in the manual as far as I know and yet there are no answers in the designated fields. I am wondering what may be wrong. Possibly I need to use a certain type of layout for this, or the fact that the break field is in a related file causes problems (even though nothing says I CAN'T do this)? Thanks...

No where near enough information was provided for us to even begin to make guesses as to what is happening.

It could be you layout, your parts, your sort order, your break field, your summary field, your database records, your data, your entire idea, etc.

You will need to provide more information on the situation.

At a minimum you need to describe your data, the fields that you are using, your sort order, how you setup the layout and anything else you can think of.

This is like saying that your "..car doesn't run, how can I fix it?"

Provide the additional information and I am sure that we can help. Creating summary reports is very easy once you get the hang of it.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.