Summary function/Grand Summary

RCamejo

This topic is 8163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have several reports that calculate the number of hours each employee works. (hrswrked)is the field, which is a calculation of ending time minus starting time.

I want to show a total number of hours for all the employees. I thought this was rather simple, I created a field (tothrswrked) that summarized the summary field hrswrked. When I run the report with the field tothrswrked in the grand summary, all I get is a ? mark in the field. I tried expanding the size of the field as I have discovered that filemaker will do this if the number exceeds the field size. However, I have expanded the field size to cover 6 inches across a page, and I still get the ? in the field. Any help would be appreciated.

You say: "I created a field (tothrswrked) that summarized the summary field hrswrked"

If you are truly summarizing the summary field, that might be causing your problem. In the grand summary part of your layout, you need to place a summary field defined as a Total of the field that calculates hours.

If that does not work, go ahead and post your exact field definitions, including storage options.

Tom

[email protected]

• Newbies

I knew I forgot to include something on my posting.....If I run a small number of records, the summary field will give me the result. When I run a large number or records, for example 65 different people for a one year period, all I get is the ? mark in the field. I have expanded the field to contain up to 20 characters, and I still get the ? mark.

This topic is 8163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.