Viewing another file's field in a definite field

This topic is 8459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

Excuse me for my bad english but I've got a problem with my FMP5 database. Here it is :

I have 155 files in my database. I have a multimedia field in each file where I can put a GREEN or a RED square whether another field of my file is EMPTY or NOT. Good. All this works.

Now, I want to see in EVERY files the whole 155 fields appearing, in order to see with a quick look which files are EMPTY or NOT. You see ? I want that in the #117 file, the whole 155 mini-fields appear with a red or a green square.

How can I do it, please ? I've tried the links, the global, the unique, I've tried everything but I don't understand the method.

Thank you for your help !

Stephane

quote:

Originally posted by unixxer:

Hello,

Excuse me for my bad english but I've got a problem with my FMP5 database. Here it is :

I have 155 files in my database. I have a multimedia field in each file where I can put a GREEN or a RED square whether another field of my file is EMPTY or NOT. Good. All this works.

Now, I want to see in EVERY files the whole 155 fields appearing, in order to see with a quick look which files are EMPTY or NOT. You see ? I want that in the #117 file, the whole 155 mini-fields appear with a red or a green square.

Hmm, I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to accomplish?

Do you want to simply see what fields are empty? Or what records are blank? Of only where there is not a red/green square?

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.