Is there a maximum number of fields in the body?

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just created a semi-large database (635 fields). After I inputed all of the fields i clicked done and noticed that only the first two-thirds of the fields were in the layout shocked.gif" border="0 I also noticed that i can't enlarge the body any bigger than it already is. How can i get the rest of my fields to show up???

Thanx in advance smile.gif" border="0

Set the default font to a small size, such as 8 or 9 points an then create a new standard layout.

Alternately, if you only want a layout with all the fields displayed, create a columnar layout, again with all of the fields in the selection box. You will then get a lot more stuff per line.

The limit is not the number of fields or elements on a layout (as far as I know). The limitation is the SIZE of the layout. The maximum length of the layout in FMP 5 is 111 inches - period, including all the parts of a layout. You can go with a Landscape or extended layout to increase the amount to real estate to display information on the layout - but that could cause problems with printing.

Moon is right, you may have to go with smaller fonts to get everything to fit. Another option would be to break the layout into 2 parts (layouts). I had to do that with an 18 page form with over 600 fields.

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.