This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My department performs reporting from roughly 100 FMP DBs that were created by a developer no longer with the department. Needless to say, I have 3-4 folks that need FMP Training. What are the best FMP CDs (Preferred 5.0 or 5.5 since that is our version) for training. I would prefer CDs that have example exercises so the new information can be applied. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

My first question is.

Why not hire a person to replace the developer who is no longer available?

Although FileMaker is very user friendly, and is easier to learn than other database applications, there is still a Learning Curve. If you doubt this, just spend some time reading the questions that come up here.

With that said, I just did a Google Search for "FileMaker Training", and came up with several hits.

Also, read some of the posts in this area and you should be able to find some recommendations for training resources.

HTH

Lee cool.gif

The problem is that we have Access and FileMaker DBs. We have folks that are very well versed in Access and one that is exceptional in Access and FMP. We need to provide a resource for the Access folks to learn FMP. I also performed internet searches and found a CD set, but am hesitant to purchase without knowing what others recommend.

check out www.VTC.com. they have excellent trianing matterils available both online and on a CD. you can also look at sample of clips from their web site. they have no training materials on the server or server adavance or for that matter development on FM. but if you are looking for training matterials for just FM pro then VTC is a good choice.

This topic is 7028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.