Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cash Register Integration

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using FileMaker 7, but I'm not sure if this plug-in is compatible with 7.

This is what I found about Serial Plug-in and few others on troi.com: "The following plug-ins are the next to be updated to be compatible with FileMaker 7. They will ship as soon as possible. Note that most of the current versions should also run in FileMaker Pro 7."

I will have to email and ask them what they really mean by that.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've implemented a POS system for a music retailer. Usually, the cash register is connected to the receipt printer via some type of connection. So, when you print a receipt, the register automatically opens via a setting on the printer. I had the hardest time finding a receipt printer that's compatible with FM7 because of their new unicode print format. The retailer's old Star SP200 stopped working with FM7. The receipt printer that works with FM7 is the Star SP600 with the Raster driver for Windows 2000. This driver supports Windows 2000/XP and allows for WYSIWYG printing.

Calyx:

Welcome to the Forums, and thanks for the info - I'm working on a POS system, too and am still in the research phase, so this is all good to learn.

-Stanley

The Troi Serial definitely works with FM7, I have it on about 10 systems for opening cash drawer, no problems. We found it more economical to go with a serial drawer versus one that interfaces via the printer. We use the Epson TM series printers, they work fine with FM7. Speaking here of coarse using PC's, not Mac.

Rod

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.