Field Choices and Pop Up Menus

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Oy. Working on a massive project and one of the things I can't seem to figure out how to do is getting fields to work with each other. This is for a theatre (I'm not a contractor, just someone who works there). We use FMP to do our orders. The way it works now is that we've got a pop-up menu on our orders to choose a show. Then they type in the date and time of the show. What I'm trying to figure out how to do is make it so that when the choose a show from the menu, the date becomes a menu of the dates of the show. Then when they choose a date, the time becomes a menu of the times the show plays on that date.

What's the trick to doing this, please?

Thanks.

The trick is NOT the ValueListItems function. The trick is building conditional value lists for each of those fields to choose from.

oscarbum,

Try searching the forums for +conditional +value +list or +dynamic +value +list and look at the threads pertaining to FM 5/6. If you haven't already done so, you'll need to normalize your solution into separate files for Show, Show_Date, and Show_Time.

This topic is 7024 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.