conversion failure

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am in the process of converting .fp5 files to .fp7. I have had much success so far, however I currently have two files that will not convert. The conversion log ends with

"1/25/2005 2:02:49 PM, Master List Workers.fp7, -1, Unknown Error: ."

I get an error message that says

"File Conversion could not be completed. This file seems to be damaged."

What can I do to get the files converted?

• Newbies

I have tried recovering the file and then converting the recovered file but it still fails to convert. I have also tried deleting all the records, in case the data was bad. But it still won't convert.

Any more ideas?

DJ1:

Welcome to the Forums.

Deleting all the records was a good idea; that it didn't work suggests that your file has somehow become corrupted. I suggest two things:

1. If you've got an older, archival, version of the file, try to convert that, and see what happens.

2. In FMP 5, try "Save A Copy As..." and go through every option you've got, and see if you can convert anything.

Have you had any problems with this file in the past? Was it a shared file? Any info is helpful. Also, are there any particularly arcane calculations (or external functions) in the file?

-Stanley

• Newbies

I figured it out. The conversion log was getting hung up at the layouts line, so I figured there must be a problem with one of the layouts. I deleted some layouts that were more complicated and ones with graphics on and I narrowed it down to the one that was causing the problem. It was a layout with a graphic.

I'm not sure what is is about the graphic that would not allow the file to convert, but nevertheless I can go on my happy way again and continue to convert more files.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.