Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal on a splash screen

merkaba22

This topic is 7022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd like to create a splash screen to open my database. It would have two buttons to navigate to other files -- that's easy.

I'd also like to have a portal displaying all records from one of those files. I seemingly need a relationship between the spash screen file and the target file but am not sure how to create one that will let me view all the records by a particular field since there is no inherent relationship and the spash screen will always be just one record. It must be easy but I am missing it in the moment.

Merkaba:

Create a number field in your splash screen file, enter a "1" into it. Create a number field in your other file, auto-enter "1", non-modifiable. Write a simple script to loop through your existing records in that file and SetField [yournew field, "1"]. Now you can create a relationship using those two fields, and all the records in the second db will be visible from your splash file.

-Stanley

Sounds very interesting and I think I can use this concept in various ways:)

I put together this script:

Show all records

Loop

Set field: "WGS Number Field, 1"

End Loop

Exit Script

But it only puts "1" in the current browsed record and then gets stuck ...

What am I missing here?

Merkaba:

You nearly had it; before your Loop [] statement you needed Go To Record [first], and before your End Loop [] statement, you needed "Go To Record [next, exit after last]. But, of course, Comment had the cleaner suggestion, which works better, so it's all moot.

-Stanley

This topic is 7022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.