reproducing different values from another file...

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, can someone tell me how to define a standard field, in order to see all the checkboxed values from a value list from another file? They are related many-to-one!

Transpower told me "to create a summary field in the other file, using PatternCount, and use that in the first file... " but this sounds a bit like chinese...

Maureen

When you make the field on a layout it normally shows one line. You can make the field bigger by draging a corner. So instead of displaying one line you display many lines.

Red

Red

Green

Blue

Yellow

The text returned by a checkbox is a list of values separated by returns.

Forgive me for not being clear: i have 2 FILES.

File A contains records each with a unique field number.

File B contains several records related with one unique record in File A.

How can I define a standard field in File A in order to see a summary of all the values that are"checkboxed" in DIFFERENT RELATED records in File B?

Maureen

Do what I said before: in B, create calculated fields using PatternCount to tabulate each checkbox item. Then create summary fields to total those fields. Then simply put these fields on the layout for A. If the files are properly linked, you will see the correct totals in A.

-Queue- helped me out by creating a value list in File A based on the related File B field (only related values). Then use an unstored calculation of ValueListItems( Status(CurrentFileName), "yourvaluelist" ) for a unique return-delimited list of related values.

Dear Transpower, thanks a lot! I think you are very sweet but also too smart for me!

Maureen

This topic is 7010 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.