global / merge formatting

This topic is 8353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a few global fields, lets say 4, in which contains a paragraph each. Within each paragraph in the global fields, there is some text formatting, such as one sentence in the middle of the paragraph italicized. Then i have a calculation field (c_Letter) that mixes and matches two of the 4 fields together. On a print layout, i have the salutations etc and some merge fields and then the body of the letter as a merge field, <<c_Letter>> . The text formatting doesn't hold!!! Please someone help me see the light. . . how can i make the text formatting hold if it's only 1 sentence within the paragraph.

Thanks in Advance

Jeremy

I don't believe you can with plain FMP. But I do believe there is a plug-in for this. You might be able to do this with some complicated scripting using copy and paste, but I would check out the plug-in first. Take a look at www.fmplugins.com

Chuck

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Chuck ]

I can't find a plug in to do it!!!! will continue to look. . .If there is anyone that can add anything else or know of the specific plug-in, please let me know...

This is extremely important for me. Unfortunately i can't do a long drawn out calculation b/c they need it today (thanks for the warning right) and that would take at least a few days to develope with the type of structure everything is in.. . .. .

Any advice please. . .

Jeremy

Why don't you try to do the mix & match on the layout rather than in a calculation field:

<<field_A>><<Filed_C>><<Field_B>> etc. that should keep your formatting.

You can also define the format within the <<>> brackets by selecting the text and then formatting it as desired.

Good Luck

Well, because i have to have one print layout b/c everything has to be printed sorted by Zip Code, not by type of letter.

BUT, the scripting wasnt as long and drawn out and complicated as it seemed. . . I was able to script it finally, and it's not that big right now, but eventaully i will have 40 - 50 variable paragraphs. . .

Thanks anyway

Jeremy

This topic is 8353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.