Worst of both Worlds - Portals and Containers

This topic is 7011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal that has container fields within it. Only one image (related from another table) shows correctly, all the others don't display. On other layouts, without portals all images view OK. I've tried making all images the same size as the successful one, but no luck. Has anyone worked this one out?

This should work fine. Check that you've set the container field to crop/resize in a way that will show the image. Also check that the container is actually within the boundaries of the portal row.

-Stanley

Hi stanley

Thanks for the tips. Still not luck I'm afraid. Basically I have three tables, 'match', 'tape' and 'format'. 'match' has a portal to 'tape' records and each tape record has a related link to a 'format' table. The 'format' table has two fields, name (text e.g. VHS, DVD) and a container field with the format's logo. The relationship between 'tape' and 'format' goes between Tape::Format and Format::Name.

I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying every possible combination of formatting, images and data values, and the only one that works in the portal is the record with SVHS as it's name. It doesn't matter what number the record is at, but it must have the name field as 'SVHS' to work.

Any other idea?

Did you check to see whether this works when you view the portal directly in filemaker pro? This could help determine if it's a IWP issue or not. I've noticed that images in container fields (stored in the DB, not just references) will only show if they're on a layout that is directly tied to the table where the image is stored. (This behavior only applies to IWP, as it works fine with a FMP client)

This topic is 7011 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.