ODBC SequeLink Server Host

This topic is 6990 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, I'm trying to import from Filemaker Pro 7 into an Access database, and I've installed the datadirect sequelink driver, and I've got the FMP database open on my local machine. But when I go to import it, it asks for a SequeLink Server Host and ServerPort. Since I know nothing, can anyone tell me where I find these?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If the FM 7 database is on your machine, make the Server Host be localhost or 127.0.0.1 (a loop back to your machine). If the database is elsewhere, put the IP address of that machine in the Server Host box. For the port number, FileMaker uses port 2399 for ODBC. Make sure you have ODBC sharing turned on in the FM Database as well.

HTH

Adam

Thanks Adam, that put me closer.

I do have it on my local machine, and I've tried it using localhost and 127.0.0.1. It then asks for my database username and password. I enter the username and password I have set up with the database to have full access privileges.

I then get SequeLink Error: 3201. Anyone have suggestions as to what that means?

Actually, I found out what it means. There's a pdf that comes with the driver called SequelLink Trouble shooting guide and reference. They had a list of errors and here's what 3201 is:

Unable to retrieve error message from backend ODBC driver.

Cause An internal error occurred.

Action Contact DataDirect Technologies technical support.

Sorry I don't have any more info, but it sounds like you might need to give those guys a call.

Adam

Hey guys,

Jeff, just curious, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the DataDirect drivers? The error message your getting seems to be an internal error, something wrong with the driver. Just a thought.

Brudderman, are you using FileMaker Server Advanced? You need that for JDBC and also, make sure the drivers you're using are at the same updated version as server. I've heard there's some problems if they're not.

HTH,

Adam

Thanks, Adam. I am trying to use ODBC (didn't type too well in my original post) on Filemaker Developer 7. I have the latest drivers and have installed and reinstalled. I do see the data source now but can't connect through Microsoft Word 2003. Have one more thing to try and will then abandon the effort. frown.gif

Brudderman

This topic is 6990 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.