How to make Video on IWP secure

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to IWP some instructional pictures and videos but need to control access to the videos and prevent local saving by the viewer (I figure have the vid play in the bowser) The problem that I forsee is that video files stored directly in a container will not play so the must be put in the web directory which apperently is not safe either. Anyone have a possible solution?

Also are there any video file formats that will actually be stored in the container field and be played nativly in FMP so I can control access. Again if it is stored on a directory (namely a distributed CD) anyone can brouse to the corresponding directory and view?

I really hope thee is a solution.

Charles

I found that if a Quicktime .mov is in the web dir then the video plays natively in the browser and starts playing on page load or with a goto field (select/perform) button. That is better that the open URL method I seen here in another post. But my question remains can someone download the files directly that are stored in the web directory? (are they secure)

and #2 how can I make a distributed CD that has videos secure.

Charles

Howdy, C! In the old days, videos were easy to download for personal storage but I think distributors have been working with Apple et. al. to implement safeguards against this. If I remember correctly, QuickTime now has the option of using some kind of preliminary player file to help deny downloads. I don't have QuickTime Pro, but I'd suggest looking in that direction rather than trying to come up with your own solution. The entertainment industry has been scratching its collective head about that for a while and seems to have made it difficult for the average user now.

BTW, I think EMBEDED clips will auto-play whereas ordinary links will not, but you may need to research some media sites where the A/V folks hang out.

--ST

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.