A few questions about volume licensing

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm kinda in the dark about how volume licensing of filemaker works. For example if I buy the small team bundle and decide to add another user can I just buy another copy of filemaker pro and as long as the server sees 5 different licenses it'll be ok? Also is the amount for volume licensing the same at any place I try to buy Filemaker from? And does anyone know if they offer some kinda of upgrade deal, like say I buy the small team bundle and decide a month later I really need the Department Bundle could I just pay the difference? Since I'm Canadian could someone recommend a place in Canada that would have the best deals on Filemaker, or even a place in the U.S.?

Thanks.

If you get a volume license key, the server does not authenicate the number of users. Often, when you buy add another user, you might get another VLK. You do not need to change it on the each computer, but at the end of the day, your total licensed computers should equal the total number of installed copies.

As for the other questions, I suggest calling FM directly. I had a vendor screw up a volume license purchase and I got screwed out of the upgrade maintenance that is offered.

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.