Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is my project possible?

Mark2507

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I am working on planning a project to develop a FM 7 application that will connect to eBay's web server system. I want to be able to both POST listings and GET listing information as auctions progress. At this point, I think I understand how I will need to go about GETting xml data from the eBay server, so my question is really about how I can POST data to the eBay server.

My bible (Special Edition Using FM 7, by the Moyer Group) tells me that "In looking for FileMaker-ready services, then you're looking for Web services that support simple XML over HTTP via GET requests." If this is true, then does this mean that POST requests via HTTPS are impossible using FM 7? Are there any workarounds available in the form of plugins?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Newbies

I am only allowed to make posts to a message board... which I have. Unfortunately, eBay support has a reputation of very sporadically answering questions posted on the board. Plus, after doing much searching, I have not been able to find anything useful in past posts that have to do with FileMaker. I have seen a couple on the eBay boards that refer to a working FileMaker solution, which gives me hope that it is indeed possible to do what I am wanting to do.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 7002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.