Script going to wrong layout on exit

This topic is 7005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in FMP7.

I have a Print All script that opens a new window, performs a find, loops through all the records and prints each one, then closes the window. The problem is that FileMaker then switches my original window to another layout. It's always the same one, and unfortunately, it's a utility layout that's of no use to the users and completely takes them out of the navigation system I built.

I remembering having this problem before, but i can't remember how I solved it or worked around it, I also can't find any threads here about it.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's kinda a big deal over here.

Thanks

I doubt it's a bug. You may be switching the layout in there somewhere, either with Go to Layout, or Go to Related Records [].

You can trace the script (or post the complete script for us to look at.) Maybe a Go to Layout [ original layout ] script step at the end of the calling script will fix it.

The original window isn't minimized, it's the one getting changed to the wrong layout. I can tell since I've set it's title.

Also if I put a pause step as the last step, everything is fine until the script exits. That is, it pauses on the correct layout on the last step of the script and then switches layouts after the script is done.

This topic is 7005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.