Multiple Exports in same file

This topic is 7005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello Everyone,

I have a FM 6 Pro DB in which I would like to have two exports scripts tied to two buttons. I made the first button and export script fairly easily, however when I went to do the second export which uses different fields it exported the same fields as the first script. Can I set it so that I can have both export sets be able to run without dialogue or having to re-order/select the fields between exports?

Thanks for all the great ideas I've found here, this the first time I was able to come up with a question that was not already answered.

Luke

Perform the second export manually first. Then go to your script for the second button, ScriptMaker >> Highlight Script >> Edit >> Hit Okay (Done, or whatever that button says), you will then get a second Dialog box with the Option of "[color:"green"]Keep" or "[color:"blue"]Replace" for several script steps including "[color:"red"]Export". Hit the "[color:"blue"]Replace" for the [color:"red"]Export Option [color:"red"]***. Now the script should be performed as you did it manually.

[color:"red"] **** Caution though!

If you have any other steps, such as "[color:"red"]Find", "Sort", "Page Setup" or "Import" , these will also have the option to be "[color:"blue"]Replaced" or "[color:"green"]Keep" just as the "[color:"red"]Export" did. Be sure to also "[color:"blue"]Replace" any others that need to be changed also.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 7005 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.