Can't Get Pages to Print Correctly In Landscape

Paradigm

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't get my pages to print in landscape. I've got two different scripts that open up the pages I want to print in an new window and as they do so I included the Page Set Up script step to set the Page Setup accordingly.

The problem is that while the page does print with a landscape orientation the field that are to the right of what would be the portrait right hand border is just blank page.

I open up the window in Layout view to check and see if it okay and every thing looks okay with the right hand border right where it's supposed to be and all the fields are within that boundary but I go back to print again and I get the same result with the page having a blank right side with nothing printed on it.

Also I could help but notice when I previewed the page before printing to make this screenshot to illustrate the problem the page says:

" Preview of Define Scripts for "360 Estimating".pdf (1 Page) "

in the title bar. While the file's name is 360 Estimating where is that 'Define Scripts' text coming from?

LandscapePrintProblem.gif

I wonder if your script is print the definition of the scripts, not your record. In FM5 you need to choose print from the file menu, look at the FileMaker options and select the correct options you want for your script, choose print. Then open your script in scriptmaker and when you close it, choose replace the print options and should work better the next time.

That definitely sounds like you saved the 'Print' configuration when it is was set to print the Script Definition and not the actual report with 'records being browsed'. The latter being the option you want to save to your script.

The partial page being printed sounds like a similar problem some of my users are having. Even if they manually set the orientation and reduction, view the report via Preview Mode (which looks correct), it still prints out missing the right half or so of the page. We have other printing problems with Windows XP that are being resolved right now but if I come up with a solution to the 'missing half' situation I'll let you know.

I wonder if your script is print the definition of the scripts, not your record. In FM5 you need to choose print from the file menu, look at the FileMaker options and select the correct options you want for your script, choose print. Then open your script in scriptmaker and when you close it, choose replace the print options and should work better the next time.
Yup that is exatly what I would do if this was FileMaker 5 but its a FM7 solution. Any ideas of how to change that in FM7?

As for the right hand side of the page not printing when I'm printing in Landscape I tested my solution on my brother's Mac (G5 OS 10.3) today and the problem didn't occur. I'm on a G4 running OS 10.3. Is it possible this problem could this problem be specific to a G4? Is it possible this problem could this problem be specific with regard to the printer?

...The partial page being printed sounds like a similar problem some of my users are having. Even if they manually set the orientation and reduction, view the report via Preview Mode (which looks correct), it still prints out missing the right half or so of the page. We have other printing problems with Windows XP that are being resolved right now but if I come up with a solution to the 'missing half' situation I'll let you know.

I've been testing my solution on a machine running Windows Server 2003 and I don't have the printing problems with it there. What kinds of printing problems were you encountering with XP. Anything I should be aware of and thinking about?

And as per my previous post here today the landscape printing problem didn't occur on my brothers G5 running OS 10.3 when I tested it today but it still occurs on my setup with a G4 running the same OS 10.3. I probably should have tested it on it the other printers he had available when I was there but it worked fine on the HP tested it on. I'm running an Epson Stylus Color 980. Think that has anything to do with it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Is this a solution that was written in a previous version of FMP then converted to FMP7? If it is, I had the same problem. I had to discard all saved print setup and prints from my scripts, close the scriptmaker, reopen and then add the print steps, then all was fine.

• Newbies

Is this a solution that was written in a previous version of FMP then converted to FMP7? If it is, I had the same problem. I had to discard all saved print setup and prints from my scripts, close the scriptmaker, reopen and then add the print steps, then all was fine.

• Newbies

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.