Possible with FMP 7 alone?

This topic is 7001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am a novice to FMP7 and faced with the task of web publishing a client / account DB created with FMP 7. Since it is intended to offer secure login and a pleasant user experience for the clients (with access to their accounts only) as well as for the admin (full access privileges), am I ill-advised to attempt this with FMP7 instant web publishing? Should I use FMP7 SA and Lasso or iApp instead (since i am a novice user and would like to have the most scalable system)?

After familiarizing myself with FMP 7 as much as possible, I have

(1) yet to find out whether there is another way to change the look and feel of the instant web publishing files rather than simply change the filmaker layout, and

(2) find a way to seamlessly copy Fireworks created buttons and graphics into the Filemaker DB.

confused.gif

I suppose my main question is this:

"What do you recommend as user-friendly, efficient, and secure way that offers custom html/xml layout creation to web publish a medium sized filemaker DB?"

confused.gif

Any help is much appreciated!

-H

IWP usually works well but does lack some features of the regular version of FM. You can make the system quite secure by allowing only certain IP's. On the Windows side, you could use Terminal Server and then have every feature of FM available.

Thanks for the reply! Is there any way to change the layout of IWP (by introducing Fireworks or InDesign created buttons, etc.) on Mac X 10.3 as well?

It is my understanding that Lasso in connection with FMPSA eases web publishing by offering a userfriendlier CMS environment and offers much more design customizability. Is this correct, and, if so, would it be worth trying to get a copy in order to webpublish the medium sized DB I mentioned in my initial posting?

Thanks again!

-H

You can add graphics from any other program to your FM layouts (but keep in mind that that will slow your system).

Lasso was used with earlier versions of FM; I think it's less necessary with version 7.

This topic is 7001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.