Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Script dilemma

iRage

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Databases being used.

1. Proposals.FP5

2. pInvoice.FP5

3. PartsList.FP5

Database Overview:

I have many parts stored in the "PartsList" database. These are listed based on category in separated relationship layouts. I then click on a part and it is added to the 'pInovice" database where related items are displayed in the "Proposal" database.

The Problem:

If a part is selected say the item named "ClassSpeed" an item named "Sybase" must also be added automatically. Basically I need a trigger for an additional item.

Thanks in advance.

iRage

I'm a bit confused. (There's no truth to the rumor that it's a permanent condition.)

When you 'click on a part', is it a button? And that button has a script, if only vestigal?

Are you able to readily identify the additional part? If so, why not just add that little bit of code into the script to also include the 2nd item.

Hmm... You already know that, right? Why am I getting the feeling that I'm completely missing something here.

I have such a difficult time explaining my problems. So here is some more info to try and clear things up.

In the main database (Proposal.FP5) I have created a relational portal that lists items from the PartsList database. When an item is chosen from this portal list it is then added to another portal list linked to the database called (pInvoice.FP5).

What I want is when an item is selected for add I want an automatic item as a seperate line item.

Does this help clarify?

iRage

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.