Server Maintenance This Week. ×

conditional value list

MEG

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using Filemaker 7 and I need to create a conditional value list and honestly would like to scream because I can't get it to work. I have 2 tables Entry and Products. In the products table I have the fields part number and workcenter. I need to display in the Entry table a product value list based on the workcenter field.

Example: Operator is in Entry table she chooses Workcenter(WC) 64 I need only the part numbers for WC 64 to display.

I have created a self join relationship with the Products table with WC being the match field (products2). Where do I go from here??? I have chosen the part number field from the Products2 starting with Products and chose only relational values and I get <<no values defined>> . I have also chose part number from Products starting with Products2 and I get the same result.

I believe that I am in for a lot of frustration - I created a large detailed database for our company in fp5 and I am trying to convert to fp7 and I am a little nervous considering I can't even get a conditional value list to work.

You don't need a self-join relationship here. You need a relationship from Entry::workcenter to Products::workcenter. Then create a value list of newrelationship::partnumber, 'starting from' the Entry table.

When a particular workcenter is selected in Entry, the value list will display its related Product partnumber values.

• 2 weeks later...

Make a new relationship, select workcenter from the Entry table and workcenter from the Products table as the matching fields.

Your table and field names will vary, of course.

Make a new relationship, select workcenter from the Entry table and workcenter from the Products table as the matching fields.

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.