Remote Admin accepts only numeric passwords *DELETED*

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I would have liked to see this original post. On my own 7.0v2, everytime I enter an admin password, I can never get back into it and have to reload FM Server. I'm on Win Server 2003 Enterprise. My password is comprised of letters and numbers. Does anyones else know of problems with Server lockouts as a result of entering a password?

I just had a simlar thing happen. Out of the blue yesterday, the password I have been using does not work. I though I was going crazy. Do I understand you to say the only thing that works is a re-install? Does that imply I have to uninstall first? Or just install over the existing application?

• Newbies

This just happened to me Friday... in the morning I was working away fine in the admin console, then Friday afternoon (no other significant events transpired like a reboot or ___) I was locked out.

I tried to re-install over the top. That didn't fix my problem.

I un-installed FileMaker Server and then re-installed. That fixed my problem, but also beware, deletes all your other settings like backup schedule, external directory authentication, etc....

BTW, this was an un-patched FM Server install. I have installed the FM7 v3 patch now.

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.