Stress Test

This topic is 5754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ChrisHo:

When I've *finished* developing a solution for a client, I give three friends a case of beer and a couple of pizzas and tell them to wreak havoc on the system. They find most everything that's wrong with it, and sometimes bring the server down, because they're enjoying being malicious, especially toward the end of the case of beer. It's the best stress test I've come across.

-Stanley

ChrisHo:

When I've *finished* developing a solution for a client, I give three friends a case of beer and a couple of pizzas and tell them to wreak havoc on the system. They find most everything that's wrong with it, and sometimes bring the server down, because they're enjoying being malicious, especially toward the end of the case of beer. It's the best stress test I've come across.

-Stanley

ChrisHo:

-Stanley

Stanley's idea really does work great. Just don't get them too drunk, or they won't remember what they did.

If you've ever watched that movie 'Catch Me If You Can' - it really brings out a good point. Hire a crook - they seem to know the best ways to hack a system.

Whatever you do, DON'T perform the test yourself. Or anyone on your team who had anything to do with the program.

I'm not aware of any program that will "stress test", but Waves In Motion's 'Analyzer' program does a great job of finding a lot of problems.

Stanley's idea really does work great. Just don't get them too drunk, or they won't remember what they did.

If you've ever watched that movie 'Catch Me If You Can' - it really brings out a good point. Hire a crook - they seem to know the best ways to hack a system.

Whatever you do, DON'T perform the test yourself. Or anyone on your team who had anything to do with the program.

I'm not aware of any program that will "stress test", but Waves In Motion's 'Analyzer' program does a great job of finding a lot of problems.

Simulate there have 50 users on the network access a database (already have 100,000 records), create a new record, paste 10,000 characters in a text field (Field A), search the new created record, paste 10,000 characters in a text field (Field :.

Simulate there have 50 users on the network access a database (already have 100,000 records), create a new record, paste 10,000 characters in a text field (Field A), search the new created record, paste 10,000 characters in a text field (Field :.

• 3 years later...

This topic is 5754 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.