Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Request for open-source help desk system (FMP6)

QuinTech

This topic is 6744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, all. Does anyone know of a good issue-tracking/help-desk solution or template that i can use and modify, free of charge?

Eventually i would like it to have this functionality:

- Log and track issues (incoming calls), entered manually

- Track and display info about the client

- Record payments and generate invoices

- Schedule trainings and on-site visits

None of what i'm looking for is very complicated, but there is a lot of leg work involved in setting it up, and i was hoping to Tom Sawyer someone into doing most of my work for me. wink.gif Also, having a good, ready-made user interface that doesn't require a lot of modification will be very helpful. (The interfaces i design are not always very easy to use.)

I searched on the forums, but found no good suggestions. My next step is to google it, but i thought i'd look for a more intelligent match first.

TIA,

Jerry

Hi, all. Does anyone know of a good issue-tracking/help-desk solution or template that i can use and modify, free of charge?

None of what i'm looking for is very complicated, but there is a lot of leg work involved in setting it up, and i was hoping to Tom Sawyer someone into doing most of my work for me. wink.gif Also, having a good, ready-made user interface that doesn't require a lot of modification will be very helpful. (The interfaces i design are not always very easy to use.)

I searched on the forums, but found no good suggestions. My next step is to google it, but i thought i'd look for a more intelligent match first.

TIA,

Jerry

TIA,

Jerry

I love the new free-spirited look, Jerry!!!!

Ummm, I DO have an older demo called HelpDesk, I believe. I'm unsure how I got it (I download EVERYTHING). I could dig it up if you wish; it seems to fit the bill on what you want. smile.gif

Oh, but I don't think it has invoicing - just the call-log tracking portion ...

LaRetta wink.gif

Ummm, I DO have an older demo called HelpDesk, I believe. I'm unsure how I got it (I download EVERYTHING). I could dig it up if you wish; it seems to fit the bill on what you want. smile.gif

LaRetta wink.gif

LaRetta wink.gif

I know this system that LaRetta is talking about. It was made by a company named Simply Amazing Software. The company I'm with uses this software everyday to keep track of clients.

I believe this software is now 'abandonware', so I might be able to give you a fully-working, unlocked version of it. The company still exists, but they no longer support the FileMaker version. Let me check it out. If I can, I'll post it here for everyone's benefit.

I know this system that LaRetta is talking about. It was made by a company named Simply Amazing Software. The company I'm with uses this software everyday to keep track of clients.

I believe this software is now 'abandonware', so I might be able to give you a fully-working, unlocked version of it. The company still exists, but they no longer support the FileMaker version. Let me check it out. If I can, I'll post it here for everyone's benefit.

Hi, Brent. I took a look at Simply Amazing Software's website, and i couldn't find any reference to a Filemaker solution; so maybe you're right, maybe it is abandonware.

If you're able to do so under the license, i would love to get a copy of it. Thanks for your help.

J

Hi, Brent. I took a look at Simply Amazing Software's website, and i couldn't find any reference to a Filemaker solution; so maybe you're right, maybe it is abandonware.

If you're able to do so under the license, i would love to get a copy of it. Thanks for your help.

J

I contacted Simply Amazing Software, and they still hold the rights to it. Which is kinda funny, because they are no longer supporting it.

I couldn't find any demo version of it, although I do remember it existed at one time.

I'm not aware of any other open-source software that would provide the same functionality.

Brent: Thanks for checking it out. I appreciate your help.

LaRetta: I guess even if you can find the program after you reclassify everything under the Dewey decimal system wink.gif, you'll be in the same boat. Thanks for the offer, though, i do appreciate it.

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for me...

J

I found a place that still has it for download. You can get it from downloads.com at this specific address -

http://www.download.com/HelpDesk-Pro/3000-2064_4-10253565.html?tag=lst-0-6

I would suppose that it's password protected, but at least you should be able to see how it runs. It looks like the networked version is disabled, but hey - you could probably figure out how to rework that easily enough.

• 7 months later...

This topic is 6744 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.