Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've found a lot of resources on CD - which is fine if you are at your computer. But time is lost while driving, hiking, showering (?) and other such things when I could be studying.

I would like to get my hands on an audio of Special Edition for 7 book, or ANY book or anything that can pop into a walkman with headphones. I've never owned such a device but would buy one in a heartbeat if I could study FM on it. I would also like to loop-play these same tapes (or whatever is the current media-method) while I sleep. I realize much of the training involves visual representations but nonetheless much can be learned (absorbed) just by listening. Even while sleeping, the subconscious can still learn.

Any ideas? It's kinda difficult to take my desktop system on hikes with me. smile.gif

LaRetta

But time is lost while driving, hiking, showering (?) and other such things when I could be studying.

When it comes to it, isn't it what you know - but who you know!!!! I'll bet that while you drive, hike etc. solves matters unconciously ...but even more important you get initial sparks for ideas when you apparently are putting your head at rest.

Give this description some considerations:

http://www.1000ventures.com/business_guide/crosscuttings/knowledge_tacit.html

...and you'll stop being "hangin' judge and sherif" - instead network yourself to solutions via ad hoc organisations where talents are unevenly spread.

Leave labtop, cellular phone and books, back home!!!!!!!!!

--sd

Hi Soren smile.gif

Thanks for the link - I devour this kind of stuff and thanks for the wise words also. True indeed; balance is something I have a challenge with. blush.gif

Okay, I won't attempt to absorb FileMaker 24/7. I will modify that slightly but the desire still remains ...

Hmmmm, maybe I'll tape reading the FM books and then just play them over and over. In that way, I can insert my comments about the diagrams or include notes and ideas as I go!! And I also believe that speaking words out loud increases knowledge absorption also!!

Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh!! yep.gif

Okay, I won't attempt to absorb FileMaker 24/7. I will modify that slightly but the desire still remains ...

I guess the mantra here is something found in the vicinity of: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3495/is_1_50/ai_n8699091

But the big question here is: Does developement of Filemaker solutions belong to the cathegory the building of "Vessels of Meaning"

(an expression from http://it-ebook.com/book691-Advanced_File_Maker_Pro_5.5__Techinques_for_Developers.html) or Does it belong to management in a broad sence?:

I can easily see the inhouse developer often faces this dilemma, but I do usually regard it as toolmaking!!!

--sd

This topic is 6973 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.