Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Open Remote works 1 direction but not the other

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a Calendar Database file that I am trying to network over 2 computers. With the files to be shared residing on computer A (FM6), it can't be opened via Open Remote. The same when it is residing on computer B(FM5.5). When it resides on computer C (FM5.5) (a laptop), it can be accessed by both A & B. Computer C cannot access it if it resides on either A or B.

I think I have everything set the same, but appently am overlooking something to get it to work as I want. Ideally computer C won't have to be in the equation as I was just using it for testing and it's the only one that will allow access to the files from the other 2.

Any clues as to what I'm missing?

confused.gif

All are set to TCP/IP Multi-User etc...

HELP!! frown.gif

You have to have the databases open in one copy of FMP all the time: this becomes the host. Other users then connect into the host through open remote.

But the files have to be opened in FMP first on the host computer.

• Newbies

I do have the database open on one computer (A) all the time. The Open Remote doesn't see it as being open from Computers B or C.

The issue is that when it is open on Computer C - both A & B can see it and connect to it. But not when it is open on either of the others to connect to.

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.