Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Are there any alternatives to faxexpress

Jalz

This topic is 6981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I've been using FaxExpress server for a three user system, where a server is setup to receive and send fax's. This has so far worked fine with OS 9, however my clients are now migrating to OS X, apart from one user which will still be using OS 9 (for legacy reasons). The guys that produced FaxExpress have stopped developing it, so there wont be a port for OSX and FileMaker.

Are there any relatively cheap fax server plugins, that will install on an OSX (Server) machine 2 OSX (clients) and 1 OS9 (client).

Cheers

I use Pagesender with some success. I have one machine running FMPro that does nothing but looking for incoming faxes to import into database or outgoing faxes to send out. It eats up one machine but works great. And I can send faxes from any machine on our system, OSX or Windows.

Pagesender will not run on OS9, OSX only. If you choose one machine to be your dedicated FaxServer, you can set a field on the record you wish to fax, have that machine find all records that need to fax and then fax them. That way you can have OS9, Window... faxing and only one license. Does support mutliple OSX machine support via shared printing but I have never tested.

It is difficult to get this to work in FM7 due to a print "bug", take a look at my example in this forum. Works great in FM 5.x/6.

Cost is $30, check them on the web.

http://www.smileonmymac.com/pagesender/

This topic is 6981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.