Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't connect via WAN

This topic is 6963 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a small Lan network running fm5.5server on an OS 9.2 machine for stability. It is hosting a Class 3 metwork of Mixed XP & OS 9, Panther machines. I have recently installed a netgear FSV 318 firewall router between the network and a Visionnet 201ADSL router to be able to access the server externally. I received a static IP and am using DMZ to pass the ip address to the netgear and have opened up port 5003. THe visionnet picks up the netgear's address via DHCP, but I have isolated it to a single address. THis is the one I pass on in DMZ. I still can't get access to the server over the web when I enter the IP address in the host window of the external machine. Any one else using this configuration and had sucess. Any sugestions?? I have screen captured my settings pages and can send them on as pdfs to anyone who wants to take a crack at my problem

• Newbies

Thanks for the input. I tried it and still no luck Evern disconnected the vpn router to see if thsat was the problem My ISP sent me the following message after I expressed my frustration. ANy thoughts on this being on the level.

"The admin has suggested that you use an additional subnet so that the equipment setup will work without problems.

To do so... the subnet would be an extra $25/month and will give you a static WAN IP to configure on your next piece of equipment. If you choose to go this route, the admin should be able to setup your subnet sometime today or tomorrow at the latest and would be able to provide you support in using the static IPs.

Let me know if you want to try this route... I can get it setup from this end and then provide you w/the IPs as soon as they are assigned. We have not run into any trbl setting it up this way before but just incase we do we of course can remove the subnet and it's charges from the acct."

This topic is 6963 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.