Everything screwed up since upgraded to 7

This topic is 6968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had many problems since I upgraded from 6 to 7. Fields don't sort as requested, various parts of layouts don't print, portals show records in Browse mode, but not in Preview mode or when printing. Has anyone else had any similar problems? I've checked my relationships and all are correct and same as they were in earlier versions of FileMaker. I also have tried re-designing layouts, but same errors occur. This is incredibly frustrating after ten years of loving FileMaker Pro and building up a database and now I can't print out many important reports! Any advice anyone??????

• 2 weeks later...

The first thing I'd check for a non-printing object is the Sliding/Printing setting. Next I might try changing the font.

As for layout parts, you mean like a subsummary part? Since those are dependent on sort order, maybe that's related to your sorting issue.

I have a suspicion that this may have something to do with context: make sure your layout is referring to the correct table occurrence.

Also if your printing and/or sorting is scripted, go through your scripts and look for anything that might affect this. Also inspect your calculated fields, some of them may have changed. Check your access privileges. Hard to say what's happening without seeing the files.

This topic is 6968 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.