Getting relationship names using Applescript

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 3 weeks later...

How can i get the relationship names and details using applescript? I'm using Filemaker Pro 5.5. Thanks.

I don't think you can - I've looked through it's Diictionary and through Scriptmaker and nothing grabbed me. However, if you have access to FM Developer, you can run a Database Design Report on the DB that will give you this info (and a whole lot more if you need it).

I believe you can. But here is a FileMaker file, created by Beverly Voth (in 3), and hacked by myself, which will get the relationships of any open FileMaker 5-6 file. Strangely enough, I just converted it to 7 and it appeared to work. Probably not so well.

GetRel.zip

Hi Fenton,

I figured you had upgraded this from 3/4 to 5/6. But I wasn't positive because there wasn't a file type or extension on the file, so it was showing as a plain document in my Finder

It opened okay, by selecting v6, but I thought I would let others know that it isn't a 3/4 or v7 file.

Lee

Oops. The original was in 3 and had no extension. From the good old days I guess. The file does have a Mac File Type and Creator Code, so it's odd that its icon didn't show. I uploaded the file again with an extension. It is a version 5-6, but seems to also work if you convert it to 7. I haven't tested it much there. Perhaps this would be way to view 7 relationships as a list; not that that would tell you how they really work.

BTW, the file is cross-platform. The Subject line is therefore misleading, and will keep PC guys from even looking. Oh well.

It's not my file. It's Beverly Voth's file, which you'll see if you look at the other List View. I just added some sorting and navigation, so that I could quickly sort the list different ways, find certain kinds of relationships, etc.. I probably should have posted a link to her original file instead, but I couldn't find her original file on her web site, http://www.moonbow.com. It is pretty old, it was .fp3, but apparently still works.

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.