Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Duh ! TeamWork ! ? A starter guide please...

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm starting a collaboration with 2 other european developers and what we all considered a strength at the beginning of the reflexion phase in terms of knowledge sharing and experience is becoming a real pain now that we need to start.

Any of you already faced this issue, or even have some good (even theorical) ideas how TeamWork can be efficiently driven, specially when trying to grasp FileMaker 7's one file structure ?

Thanks for any idea...

For the most part, my company's work is done by myself, but our company does contract with another on occassion for some programming efforts.

We both know what we are doing, but the way they do it has been completely different that the way I do it in terms of naming conventions and the such. Banghead.gif I suppose this could be true with anyone. I don't know how much time I've spent just looking through a bunch of sloppy, non commented code just to find one thing. And then spending just as much time changing things around.

The one thing that I've found to be helpful is to have ONLY one person set the underlying rules, and everyone else agree to follow them. Things like field/script/layout naming, ERD(s) & data modeling, etc..... If someone goes outside the "rules", they should be responsible to change what they've done to fit the rules. This saves an immense amount of headaches.

This is one suggestion that I can think of. Hopefully it'll be of some use to you.

This topic is 6961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.