Server Maintenance This Week. ×

scroll down

New_2_FM

This topic is 6950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I did a conversion on my system from FileMaker 3 to FileMaker 7. In the FileMaker 3, when I roll the mouse's roll wheel, it does not go to next record in searched result. But in FileMaker 7, it goes to next record. Is there anything I need to do to stop it to go to next record?

thank you.

Jackson laugh.gif

I still have this same problem unresolved. I think I did not make the question clearly to you guys. FileMaker Pro 3.0 does not response to the mouse roll wheel scrolling. But the FileMaker Pro 7.0 does response to the mouse roll wheel scrolling. I have a data drill down layout. Because the FileMaker Pro 7.0 response to the scrolling, it will go to next record and my users might enter data to the wrong record.

Hopefully someone who experienced this before could help here.

Thank you.

Jackson

I found messages below in the Help menu of FileMaker Pro 7.0. I think what I want to know is how to disable to scroll wheel support OR I need to find out how FileMaker 7.0 handles data drill down. Any suggestions?

Scroll wheel support (Windows)

You can use a pointing device (mouse) equipped with a scroll wheel with FileMaker Pro for Windows to browse through records, scroll up and down, and change the magnification of the image on your screen (zoom in or out).

To use the scroll wheel to move through records in Browse mode:

Rotate the scroll wheel up or down.

The behavior is different depending on the current view:

When the current view is

Rotating the scroll wheel does the following

View as Form

Scrolls through records as if you were clicking the left and right pages of the book.

View as List or View as Table

Scrolls through the list of records, as if you were clicking on the up and down arrows in the vertical scroll bar.

To use the scroll wheel in other modes:

Layout mode: rotate the scroll wheel to scroll up and down in the layout, as if you were clicking on the up and down arrows in the vertical scroll bar of the document window.

Preview mode: rotate the scroll wheel to scroll up and down in the preview, as if you were clicking on the up and down arrows in the vertical scroll bar of the document window.

Find mode: rotate the scroll wheel to scroll up and down in the find request, as if you were clicking on the up and down arrows in the vertical scroll bar of the document window.

To enlarge or reduce the image on your screen (zoom in or out) with the scroll wheel:

While holding down the Ctrl key, rotate the scroll wheel.

Notes

Refer to Windows Help and the documentation that came with your pointing device for complete instructions on how to use it.

FileMaker Pro does not support autoscroll, panning, or DataZoom.

I believe the workaround to disable scroll-wheeling is to use a script to hide and lock the status area.

It works. My application has different users level. Mine is the highest.. the application does not lock the status area for user who has the highest level of access... that is why I was able to scroll up and down to different record.... smile.gif Yippy... thank you.

Jackson

This topic is 6950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.