Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM7 And Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger?

xochi

This topic is 6941 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anyone have any experience with FM 7 (Client or Server) under Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger? (I know the official release date is this friday, but many people have received shipments already in the mail.)

Since the Operating System was just released, I doubt that many would have "experience with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger?" yet! However, why don't you be the first to test it, and then report back your findings to the group.

Lee

Some developers have had Tiger for weeks now, but were under NDA until the release, so they weren't free to talk about it... I'm hoping someone has been testing FM with 10.4 and can now spill the beans smile.gif

• Newbies

I have a database that is being shared by 3 computers over Airport Extreme. File sharing and network printing work fine. The 3 computers are:

01) 20 inch iMac running OS 10.3.9 Panther and Filemaker Pro 7 (FMP7)

02) 17 inch Powerbook running OS 10.4 Tiger and FMP7 (Powerbook 1)

03) New 17 inch Powerbook running OS 10.4 Tiger and FMP7 (Powerbook 2)

The iMac is hosting the database. Powerbook 1 has been accessing the database for over a year with no troubles until I upgraded to Tiger over the weekend. Now I can't even see the host in the Open Remote File window. Powerbook 2 is experiencing the same problem. All three computers can connect to each other and make a normal network connection (ie share and transfer files).

Now lets experiment :-)

=========================

Experiment 1 - Connect computers using Airport Extreme

I installed a copy of the database onto Powerbook 2 and set it up for sharing. The iMac connected right to it remotely...no problem. Powerbook 1 will not. This leads me to believe that this is not an issue with Airport Extreme but instead between FMP7 and Tiger even though I can use the database on Tiger (just can't share it). But lets put that to more tests in Experiment 2.

Experiment 2 - Connect computers using an Ethernet Cross Over Cable

I connected Powerbook 1 & 2 using Ethernet Crossover cable. Hosted the database on Powerbook 2 could not connect to it from Powerbook 1 (and vise versa).

Second I connected Powerbook 1 to the iMac using the Cross Over Cable. Hosting the database on the iMac the Powerbook still can not connect, but when hosting the database on the Powerbook the iMac can connect. I don't think this is an Airport problem.

Conclusion

There is none. I still have the same problem I started with. It is probably some setting I have overlooked or it may be a bug between Tiger and FMP7. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

You might want to look at MacFixit. I noticed something regarding some users being unable to reestablish their local networks. I didn't read it as I was looking for something else. You might not have a FileMaker problem.

This topic is 6941 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.