Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot install v2 upgrade on 5.5

This topic is 6920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Please no comments about using 5.5 or upgrading to latest version.

I was given this copy and decided to get my feet wet. The box was originally marked for Mac OS X, but I was told the CD also had the Windows code on it. So, I inserted it and it installed perfectly on my windows xp system.

However, like I do with all programs, I went to the FM site to see if there were updates, and found two.. one to bring it to V2 (which it says also includes V3) and another to bring it to V4.

When I tried to install the V2 update, I get an error:

Internal Error 2755. 1612,

C:WINDOWSInstallerfc089a8.msi

Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

pl

PL:

Welcome to the Forums.

I don't recognize the error - perhaps someone here will. Are you sure you've got 5.5v1? Have you tried to just skip the v2 update and go straight to v4?

I can't remember what the fixes were in those version upgrades, but if you're just getting your feet wet, I wouldn't worry too much about them, and just dive in with what you've got.

-Stanley

I had the same error. I worked quite awhile trying to get around it, but never did. I would doubt that FMI will help you, since 5.5 is unsupported at this point. My suggestion is to switch to V6, which can be purchased pretty cheaply on Ebay and other places.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm having exactly same problem with my Developer 5.5v1 and haven't found the answer yet.

I have Dev 7 but want to be proficient with it before converting existing fp5 databases. I have Mobile on my Ipaq pda but it needs v2 to work - so I still need Dev5.5!!

Anyone have any ideas on this error?

This topic is 6920 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.