Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows XP + FM6 = dumpfile error

Jalz

This topic is 6907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I've installed FileMaker 6 on a Windows XP machine SP2, and it seems to launch fine. When I access my databases from a remote machine, it opens up the databases fine, for about 30 seconds and then throws a dumpfile error.

Have any of you guys encountered this? I've done quiyte a few installations on XP, and this is the first time I've had trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds to me that you have a corrupt printer driver on that machine. Try replacing the drivers for the default printer, or try connecting another (preferrably USB inkjet) printer to the machine and set as default printer for the system, then try to open the file.

Thanks DykstrL,

I would never of worked that one out! It did indeed seem as though I had a dodgy printer driver installed, as soon, as I deleted it - FileMaker Pro 6 opened up all my files!

Now I have to try and get an updated driver for my network printer, so that I can print out my FileMaker based reports.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also heard that some Toshiba printers can have drivers that are not corrupt, but do not behave well with FM. I have no solution for that.

You should be able to download a clean set of drivers from the manufacturer's website that should resolve the issue.

I just noticed that you mention a "network printer". If you also have a print server, your print server also needs new drivers - it could also be distributing corrupt printer drivers to all connected users.

This topic is 6907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.