Can't delete records since upgrading from v5 to v7

This topic is 6904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Since upgrading, when trying to delete records from a table, the following message comes up:

"This operation cannot be performed because one or more of the relationships between these tables are invalid."

How do I figure out what the problem is?

• Newbies

How do I do this? When reviewing the relationships now and reviewing them as they were in v5, I don't see a difference and, therefore, don't understand why they are not working now. Have you seen specific areas that worked in earlier versions but do not work now?

Thank you

I think vaughan was hinting that you haven't given us enough information for us to help you. Without seeing your files (v6 and v7), and or knowing what you are doing when they fail, there isn't much we can say.

I'm new to v7, but I have been trying to stay current on what others have posted about file Migration.

It is my impression that, using FileMaker's Conversion for a very simple solution is okay (easier to solve problems like this when they arise). However, it is recommend for more complex solutions, that you recreate your files in v7. By doing this, you can take advantage of some of the new features, and avoid complications such as this. There is a utility application called FMRobot that is suppose to help you migrate a solutions, but it wouldn't be able to implement the new features, but it should keep your relationships straight.

I have been testing the Demo of FMRobot, and it is fascinating to watch it do its thing, however the Demo copy is limited to 5 Fields per Table. (you can download a demo from New Millennium Communications.)

http://www.nmci.com/

BTW, when I ran into a problem (didn't have the file extension of .fp5 on two of the files before I ran a DDR), I found their support GREAT!

HTH

Lee

cool.gif

This topic is 6904 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.