Sign in to follow this  
Mangaboo

Data disappearing in field when printed to PDF

I print my found set of records to a PDF file and then create a web link to that file. Data that's in one of the fields disappears and/or does not fully display when you open the PDF file. I have tried replacing the field, quitting and opening FileMaker, making the field smaller/bigger, etc. I can't figure out what's going on. The field is certanly big enough to accept all the data. What's going on?

How do your records look like in preview mode? If it is not correct here, there is probably a sliding option selected (menu format when in layout mode).

if the preview in Filemaker is correct, then we should know something about your OS wink.gif

have fun

Gerd

I believe there are all kinds of bugs in Acrobat, the Reader, and the PDF driver. Have you downloaded the latest version of the Reader. I had a problem with fields and graphics missing using Acrobat, but with the latest reader, it worked fine.

I've never - touch wood - had a problem printing to pdf files : Mac 8.6 to 9.0 : Acrobat 4 : FileMaker 5.0.3 I normally use CTRL and the File:Print menu to save the file as pdf using the Acrobat Print Driver.

BUT - sometimes when I open the acrobat files to view them on-screen, there will be bits "missing" but they always show up if I set the viewing scale back to 100%. These bits are normally graphic objects like lines and field borders, not the contents.

Russ

[ April 15, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Russell Baker ]

This may be a font problem. Is the font different from the other fonts used on the layout? Does the client computer have that font?

All the best.

Garry