Error Message

This topic is 8022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't know if this is in the right forum but here goes.

If one of our databases is left idle for a while it brings up a dialogue box saying "No records match this request" with the following options "Modify" "Continue" & "Cancel" If I click on Continue it shuts FM down.

It has also happened when I have gone from a FM Database to IE.

Has anyone come across this before??

[ April 11, 2002, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: Tom England ]

Assuming no other machines experience the same then there's something different (unique even) about the machine with the problem.

Has it always done it ?

Just started to ?

What's changed ?

As far as I know just on one machine, mine fortunately, no users have reported it.

It has just started in the last couple of days, I have been doing some changes to the relevant DB but nothing I can think of that may cause the above. this probably won't help you at all in your diagnosis,

When you do a normal find that finds no records it JUST gives the options 'modify find' or 'cancel'. This message shows three options, and is why I thought that it may be a FM glitch that someone else had come across.

What happens if you click Modify or Cancel? What version of Windows are you running?

Have you recently switched to broadband with BTOpenworld? I had some huge problems last year with FM which turned out to be a version of IE bundled with the Openworld software installing over the top of a version I already had - and of course no option not to install it (thank you BT).

I also had recent problems with FM shutting itself down when trying to recover files. Turns out the file I was trying to recover had too long a path. Moving it up to the directory tree did the trick (thanks again DanielS for that tip).

No, no recent changes with BT, although I shall watch out in future.

I don't know what happens if I press modify or cancel. The annoying thing is that I have to wait for it to happen again before I can try and work out what it is!!

Running Win 2000 Professional

This topic is 8022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.