Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can Anyone Help With This Error?

This topic is 6892 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everyone. I just installed FileMaker Pro version 5.5 on my Windows 98se machine. I have java support installed as well. When i double click on my FM icon to launch it, it starts to load, but then it stops and i get the following error message "FILEMAKER PRO caused an exception 10H in module JVM.DLL at 0167:6d685abe." I have tried to research this error on the internet via Google, but i'm unable to find the exact error and resolution. Is there someone out there that can help me with this? I have tried it on 2 different machines both running Windows 98se and get the same error on both. I have also tried it on a Windows 2000 Pro machine and it works perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. grin.gif

• Newbies

I just discovered something that i thought i should add. I didn't tell you in my last post that the reason i'm trying to install FM is because i'm going to be using it with Optigold v.3.1. Here is what i just discovered... i can actually run FM if i don't have Optigold installed. Without Optigold installed on this computer, i can open FM with no errors. As soon as i installed Optigold, i get the error that i talked about in my last post. I just thought i better mention it. Thanks!

Hi velocitygirl, and welcome to the Forum.

I just looked at the Site for Optigold and noticed that your system setup isn't mentioned as being supported by this program. Have you tried to install these to programs on a different computer to see if you can recreate the error?

HTH

Lee

cool.gif

• Newbies

Thanks for your replies. I have fixed the problem. I was using the newest Sun Java Runtime Enviroment, but the program required an older version. I replaced the newer version with the older version and everything is working properly at this time. Thanks again.

This topic is 6892 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.