Switching database from AW 6 to FMP

This topic is 8012 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm new to the board, and just started using FMP 5.5. I have all my customers listed in Appleworks 6 and want to move them to FMP. What is the fastest and easiest way to do that?

Also, is there anyway to track customers. Like if a customer wants me to call them back in 6 months, is there a way FMP can notify me?

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by theCleaner:

I'm new to the board, and just started using FMP 5.5. I have all my customers listed in Appleworks 6 and want to move them to FMP. What is the fastest and easiest way to do that?

The easiest way is to export the AW records as a CSV (comma seperated values) file. Then load them into Excel and save them as an XLS file. Finally drop the XLS file onto Filemaker Pro and it will both create the fields and import the data.

Alternately you can create the fields yourself and import directly from the CSV file.

quote:

Originally posted by theCleaner:

Also, is there anyway to track customers. Like if a customer wants me to call them back in 6 months, is there a way FMP can notify me?

There are about a billion ways to accomplish this.

If you are looking to do contact management, I suggest that you NOT start from scratch. There are a bunch of good contact managers out there which are written in Filemaker and have all the functionality that you could ask for.

Goto Filemaker, Inc's website and there is a way to search for solutions.

This topic is 8012 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.