How to set the phone number for an outgoing fax??

spankalee

This topic is 6828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to send faxes from FM by printing to the fax modem. I need to put the phone number in though. If I use restore print settings I don't think I can insert field values, but I'm not sure how I would use AppleScript for this either. I'd think that you need to pop up the print dialog and then use AppleScript to set the number, but FM halts until the dialog is dismissed.

Any ideas? thanks.

Thanks, I did check that thread, but even with the command line option I still have the same problem of trying to set a field in the dialog box. How do you set the filename of the PDF?

The situation will easily come up where a user is queueing up a few faxes, if I save the PDFs to the same filename then it will overwrite the previous outgoing faxes.

So how do I handle this situation:

The user reviews an order and clicks on "Fax Confirmation" My script saves a PDF to a hardcoded name and fires off the Apple script to print it. Then, before the fax is actually sent, the user reviews the next order and clicks on "Fax Confirmation". Won't I overwrite the first PDF?

That's why I want to dynamically fill out information in the print dialog. If there's another way to do it I'd love to hear about it.

I have a machine dedicated to sending out faxes. The user selects who to send the record to which also has the fax number and a field in that record is marked to fax. The faxing machine simply finds all records that need to be faxed and uses the information entered for the fax number, and then clears the field marked to fax.

I could not come up with a good method without a dedicated fax machine though.

This topic is 6828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.