Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Small Business Server 2003 and FMP Unlimited 5.5 - Excessive CPU Usage

OscarStyleCraft

This topic is 6841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am having some issues with a Windows Small Business Server 2003 and FMP Unlimited 5.5. The Windows Small Business Server 2003 which runs FMP Unlimited 5.5 is a Dell Poweredge 1800, with 2 x Xeon 2.8 Ghz and 1Gb of ram. The FM 5.5 Server is running on a Windows 2003 Standard edition server. This server is also a Dell Poweredge 1800, with 2 x Xeon 2.8 Ghz and 1Gb of ram.

The Windows Small Business Server 2003 is running as an ISA Server 2000, Exchange 2003 server, File Server and Print server. The number of users is 25 max at anyone time on a 100 Mb network. We have a Gigabyte connection between the servers.

The problem I am having is about once per week the CPU usage on the FMP Unlimited 5.5 server rises and rises and hovers around 75% to 100%. At normal it runs at 5% to 10%.

I check task manager and FMP Unlimited is hogging a lot of CPU. I close FMP Unlimited and the CPU usage goes back to normal.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks

Oscar

Difficult for a couple of reasons: FM5 is not certified on Windows 2003, so you've basically put yourself outside the support system.

The machine is taking on too many roles. Especially Exchange Server is a bad match. Between the two of them FMPU and ES will constantly fight over RAM and disk access.

This topic is 6841 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.