Kiosk2win plugin

This topic is 6854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking for the best plugin to control the FM menus and I was wondering if anybody has ever used this Link It looks like it is capable of presenting a very profesional looking application and manage the menus. Unlimited license is on par with one of the other major menu control plugins and far cheaper than the other. I can't seam to find any reference to compatibility with FM7 though. Any thoughts?

Edited by Guest

I was able to reach them by email and it appears that the program only works with FM versions up to 6 and no new versions are planned. So now the question is, Secure FM or Menu Control 2? I will shortly download and trial both but any feedback from users would be helpful. The ability to produce custom context menus with Menu Control 2 is quite interesting. It may be possible to create a very user friendly help menu (right click 'What's This?' and use the active field name to trigger the correct script, hmm).

Edited by Guest

Onefish:

I use Secure FM and Menu Magic from New Millenium, and both are very handy, as well as very simple to set up. It all depends on exactly what you want to do...

-Stanley

After reading the user manuals for both plugins, I can see that both plugins have benefits. They will both do basically the same thing but there are unique features in each that are very useful. I can see an advantage in using a cascading pop up menu offered by Menu Control 2 to simplify data entry previously achieved by three or four fields and related pop up lists. One simple action and store only the unique ID. The window control functions offered with Secure FM would also be useful although the same effect can be achieved by using an external exicutable script (such as AutoIT) to launch the Filemaker application and position/size the window. Another useful feature in Secure FM is the function that allows storage of data in the FM application memory. This would be very handy to transfer small bits of data between unrelated files/tables without using the clipboard. At this stage I'd say Menu Control 2 may have an edge and I can, unfortunatly, only afford 1 (they are both quite expensive, as much as FM Developer 7!).

This topic is 6854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.